Cross Compliance Delivery

Cross Compliance
Any one claiming under the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) must follow the new BPS Cross Compliance requirements. Farmers must still follow rules for both Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs) and Good Agricultural and Environmental Conditions (GAEC), but the scope and content of the rules are different from the ones we were used to.

How would your farm fare if you received an RPA inspection tomorrow? Many of the common failures in cross compliance inspections are environmental and in nearly every case they are avoidable. Our Cross Compliance Delivery Service can be as simple as a desktop overview or we can provide a complete cross compliance overhaul, checking compliance with GAEC & SMR requirements in the office and on the farm.

We offer:

  • Farm office checks of environmental cross compliance issues.
  • In field checks of cross compliance issues such as 2m protection zones & GAEC 12 land.
  • In addition, or separately, we can check your Nitrate Vulnerable Zone compliance (see below)

Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (NVZ)

NVZs were introduced to reduce nitrogen losses from agricultural land into surface and groundwater. Existing regulations implementing the Nirates Directive for England were reviewed and updated in 2013 with changes to rules on temporary field heaps in 2014 and deadlines for farmers in new NVZs for 2015.

It is the responsibility of the owner or occupier of land within an NVZ to comply with the rules. DEFRA’s publication ‘Guidance on complying with rules for NVZs in England 2013-2016’ sets out what you need to do. Requirements include planning nitrogen use; complying with the livestock manure N farm limit and the limit for field application of organic manures and manufactured fertilisers; and adequate manure and slurry storage. Records must be kept for 5 years.

Chris Seabridge & Associates are able to undertake a detailed review of your farming system and provide advice on the measures necessary to demonstrate compliance. Our NVZ service is designed to meet your needs and ensures you have current, up to date records to satisfy a Rural Payments Agency inspection.